Crazy Laws On The Books In Ohio
1. Youngstown (Mahoning County) ain’t got time for indecency. A city ordinance forbids “indecent or blasphemous play, farce, operetta, public exhibition, show, or entertainment.”
2. In the Village of Glendale (Hamilton County), it’s unlawful to allow your ducks to run at large.
3. In Toledo (Lucas County), it’s a misdemeanor to throw (or pitch, knock, toss, or bat) a ball in the street
4. Coshocton (Coshocton County) looks unfavorably on people making “Yo’ Mama” jokes at shopping centers.
5. In Bay Village (Cuyahoga County), you can’t ride your horse down a freeway.
6. In the Village of Lowellville (Mahoning County), you can’t use your house for the storage of rags or junk.
7. In Marietta (Washington County), the Bailiff of the Municipal Court is permitted an annual uniform allowance of $100.00, to be used for things like trousers; britches; caps; rain covers for caps; reefers; shoulder patches; and insignia.
8. It’s illegal to harbor whales in Perrysburg (Wood County) – they pose a danger to property and human life in the event they escape.