An attorney who obtains a settlement or verdict for his / her client can assert a "charging lien" against the fund obtained. This usually happens when a lawyer working under a contingent fee agreement does some work that contributes to obtaining the settlement, then...
- Family Sues Navien, Inc. and Carr Supply Co. Over Carbon Monoxide Deaths Linked to Tankless Water Heater
- Can Children be Negligent in Ohio?
- Civil Actions (Compensation) for Criminal Acts
- Political Subdivision Tort Liability – Immunity Under RC 2744.02(A)(1)
- What Is Mediation and Why Might It Be a Good Option for Your Case?